2008-2010 SUN-EARTH DAY VIDEO PODCAST LIST
- Sun-Earth Day Web Cast
- During the webcast, scientists Eric Christian, Nicky Fox, Terry Kucera and Sten Odenwald shared discoveries about the sun, while students monitored the sun and prepared their own space weather forecast. Hosted by Troy Cline and Paul Mortfield. - posted March 27, 2009
- Top Five Solar Discoveries - posted March 16, 2009
- Join us as we explore the Top Five Solar Discoveries. - posted March 16, 2009
- Hinode: 1989 Blackout, a conversation with astronomer Sten Odenwald
- NASA Astronomer, Dr. Sten Odenwald explains the blackout of 1989 and its effects. At the end of the video we are treated to a fantastic interview with Troy, the NASA Edge crew, and Dr. Sten Odenwald - posted March 13, 2009
- Hinode: Inside Solar Storms
- Astronomers have studied solar flares for the last century but only in the last 50 years have their impacts to radiation and communications technologies become more than just a nuance to just be endured. - posted November 19th, 2008
- Solar Dynamics Observatory
- You know you're not supposed to stare at the sun, but who could resist a peek at this? A new NASA spacecraft called the Solar Dynamics Observatory, or SDO, will deliver startling images of the sun with ten times more detail than HDTV. - posted November 17th, 2008
- Earth's Poles as Analogs to Other Icy Worlds
- Learn why our poles are so important to study when it comes to exploring other planets.
- Heliophysics Below Zero
- Learn more about auroras on other planets in our solar system. Join us for a beautiful Polar Sunrise; then experience a trip through the tundra as we search for aurora!
- Opening Eyes to Sun-Earth Connections
- Science in Barrow
What is a Podcast?
A Podcast is a collection of audio or video content that's powered by subscription software called RSS. Just like a magazine automatically gets delivered to your home when you subscribe, a podcast delivers new content directly to you -- without you having to check on the Web site for updates.
How to Subscribe
What do I get when I've subscribed?
When you subscribe, you can go directly into your podcast software and have it search for new content. All the latest Podcast updates will automatically get downloaded for you. You can then choose to listen or view the content right then, or download it to a portable listening device for later viewing or listening.
Other NASA Podcasts
For a listing of all NASA portal podcasts, please visit the NASA podcast page at: http://www.nasa.gov/podcast
A sunspot can have a magnetic field with a strength up to 10,000 Gauss, but they live very short lives!